Most of my readers know I am from Ohio and this post is going to be aimed close to home for my other fellow Ohioans, but you can still follow the links and see how your senators voted on Wednesday.
I am throughly disappointed in Sherrod Brown. I believe it is my mission now to make certain he is not elected ever again. A little back ground on Mr. Brown shows a career politician with very little real life work experience. It is no surprise that he is a little out of touch with the rest of Ohioans seeing that he has been involved in the political game since his first position as a State Rep in 1974 at the age of 22. From there he moved from political position to political position until finally ending up as senator in the 2006 election.
Now on to his attempt to screw all of Ohio and the American people. Let us count the ways that Sherrod Brown attempted to vote our rights away shall we?
- The Manchin-Toomey Amendment or The Universal Background check – Brown (D-OH), Yea
- The Grassley Amendment to address gun violence, improve the availability of records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, address mental illness in the criminal justice system, and end straw purchases and trafficking of illegal firearms, and for other purposes – Brown (D-OH), Nay
- Leahy Amendment to increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking. Brown (D-OH), Yea
- Cornyn Amendment to allow reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms. Brown (D-OH), Nay
- Feinstein Amendment to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes. Brown (D-OH), Yea
- Lautenberg Amendment to regulate large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Brown (D-OH), Yea
- Burr Amendment to protect the Second Amendment rights of veterans and their families. Brown (D-OH), Nay
So lets recap shall we? Mr. Brown is for universal background checks, stands with Diane Feinstein to regulate assault weapons, is for the regulation of high capacity magazines, and is for increased punishment of firearms trafficking. Mr. Brown is against reciprocity for concealed firearms, improving availability of records to NICS, addressing mental illness in the criminal justice system, ending straw purchases and trafficking of illegal firearms, and he is against protecting the Second Amendment rights of veterans and their families.
I held out hope and kept contacting him like many of the other Ohio readers did praying he would change his mind, but alas our efforts were thwarted and he voted with the likes of Diane Feinstein and Chuck Schumer. This guy needs to go and I hope everyone in Ohio can read the post and see where Sherrod Brown’s votes land on issues that pertain to our rights. Read the amendments above and the short descriptions again and ask yourself if he voted with you or against you. Senator Portman did his job, he listened to what Ohioans wanted and voted accordingly. Brown decided to follow in step of the marching orders of his agenda driven party and never gave us a second thought.
Please be sure to share this on your Facebook and Twitter and post it to all the different forums you visit to let every one of your friends know that Brown is not our friend. We need to get out to as many people as we can in order to make sure he is out of a job the next time around. I want to see as much traffic to the site today as possible so as many people as possible are getting the truth about his votes.
Sherrod Brown must go.
Subscribe and share often,